The Wentz Wagon makes its way to Indianapolis. Credit: Bob Wick, used via CC BY 2.0.
After taking a brief hiatus while one of the hosts dealt with COVID-19, the Boo Birds are back for a new episode, and there’s plenty to discuss. In this week’s take-filled episode:
• Joe goes into further detail about his interesting week
• John Reads the News™ (5:22)
• What Are You Drinking?™ (7:01)
• The guys discuss the Carson Wentz trade (7:50) before Joe goes in on Wentz himself (14:23), including an incredibly strained 1990s television reference you have to hear to believe
• A belated but brief discussion of Super Bowl LV (29:41)
• The Phillies have started spring training andohlook J.T. Realmuto is hurt (33:33)
• When last we spoke, the Sixers were atop the East, and atop the East is where they remain (38:56)
• The Flyers have returned from their COVID-19 pause (47:31) and took part in one of the NHL’s outdoor games in Lake Tahoe; Joe saved just enough vitriol to lambaste the league for these specific games, and the outdoor games in general (52:02)
• Remember, if you want a Chase Utley bobblehead from John’s collection, leave us a five-star review on Apple Podcasts and it could be yours!
Phillies Minor League Preview with Pat McCarthy – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Boo Birds Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/boobirdspodcast.