Credit: Ian D’Andrea, used via CC BY-SA 2.0
This week, the guys wade into the Odubel Herrera situation, discuss the upcoming NFL Draft despite Joe’s protestations, and then talk about the best rivalries in sports, both in general and for the local teams.
• The guys discuss The Oscars’ homage to their episode about weird endings, and then talk about the last movie they each saw in a theater; coincidentally, it was the same one
• John Reads The News™ (6:28)
• Easily the lamest “What Are You Drinking?” segment human beings have ever recorded (7:58); to be fair, last week’s was pretty intense for one of the two of them
• Joe gives an epilogue to his soliloquy on the European Super League; he comes to bury it, not to eulogize it (8:31)
• Oduble Herrera is back with the Phillies, and the guys share their conflicted feelings about it (10:59)
• John drags Joe kicking and screaming into a discussion of this week’s NFL Draft and what they hope to see from the Eagles; John also offers the team some insightful advice: “draft more SEC guys” (23:25)
• After the Dodgers and Padres wrapped up a great weekend series out west, the guys talk about the best rivalries in sports (36:41) before deciding on the biggest rival of each of the local teams (47:05), as well as which teams they personally find the most loathsome
Joe Girardi is Fired; The Phillies Catch Fire – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.