The National League MVP trophy being handed off? Credit: Rachel Getz, used via CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Ah well, we knew it wouldn’t last; the Eagles are no longer undefeated. But the way in which Sunday’s 17-11 loss to San Francisco unfolded has left a sour taste in the mouth of some Eagles fans, including the hosts of this podcast. After the guys break down the game, they discuss why the Phillies are still in the playoff race. Spoiler alert: the title of this post is a clue.
• John returns from vacation and Joe sneaks in a Soccer (More Than a) Minute after the Union host arguably the biggest match in club history
• The guys get right down to business and declare a winner in the Week 2 Quick Picks (4:15) in an effort to segue directly into the end of Joe’s torturous What Are You Drinking?™ Stewart’s Premium Hard Seltzer trilogy; the final edition features the dreaded Root Beer flavor (5:25)
• The Eagles lost Brandon Graham (10:20) as well as the football game (12:07) on Sunday despite completing a 91-yard pass and running the “Philly Special”
• John talks about the team’s tight end usage before the topic of Jalen Hurts’ apparent lack of arm strength comes up, among other offensive struggles (15:22)
• Joe points out that the Eagles are the most-penalized team in football through two weeks, which leads to a discussion of the team’s approach to its preseason (19:28)
• Nick Sirianni comes in for his heaping helping of criticism (23:10); this week, Joe wonders if he’d rather be the players’ friend than their coach before eviscerating him for his decision to go for two late in the game
• Joe can’t help himself and unnecessarily dunks on John one more time over the Quick Picks (34:15) before the guys touch on next week’s matchup with the Cowboys in Dallas
• Believe it or not, the Phillies are not dead yet, and John has two reasons why; one of which, of course, is Bryce Harper putting the team on his back and carrying it to within shouting distance of Atlanta atop the National League East (37:26)
Eagles Beat the Panthers; Flyers and Sixers Mini Previews – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.