Photo: Not-actually-on-the-field correspondent Timmy Parks
They say it’s not how you start, but how you finish, and the Eagles made that adage ring true with a surprising 21-18 win over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The guys talk about the game and then touch on both the Flyers and Sixers in advance of their respective 2021-22 seasons, which both open up over the next eight days.
• Joe carries out a taste test of sorts of Faces Brewing Company’s Coffee Ferrari blonde stout (2:01)
• The Eagles somehow managed to beat the Panthers despite an undisciplined, poorly-coached, poorly-played first half (4:34)
• The second half, on the other hand, was much better (11:56); Jalen Hurts showed some mettle, while Miles Sanders showed that the poor coaching wasn’t limited to the wide receivers (16:52)
• The Flyers open their season on Friday, so the guys talk briefly about what will constitute a successful season for the team (31:07)
• The Sixers open their season next Wednesday, so the guys talk briefly about what will constitute a successful season for the team (41:16); of course, in the period between the recording and release of this episode, Ben Simmons returned to Philadelphia, because that’s what happens when the Frenetics record an episode
The Gang Talks About Your Philadelphia Union – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.