Photo: Not-actually-on-the-field correspondent Timmy Parks
They say it’s not how you start, but how you finish, and the Eagles made that adage ring true with a surprising 21-18 win over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The guys talk about the game and then touch on both the Flyers and Sixers in advance of their respective 2021-22 seasons, which both open up over the next eight days.
• Joe carries out a taste test of sorts of Faces Brewing Company’s Coffee Ferrari blonde stout (2:01)
• The Eagles somehow managed to beat the Panthers despite an undisciplined, poorly-coached, poorly-played first half (4:34)
• The second half, on the other hand, was much better (11:56); Jalen Hurts showed some mettle, while Miles Sanders showed that the poor coaching wasn’t limited to the wide receivers (16:52)
• The Flyers open their season on Friday, so the guys talk briefly about what will constitute a successful season for the team (31:07)
• The Sixers open their season next Wednesday, so the guys talk briefly about what will constitute a successful season for the team (41:16); of course, in the period between the recording and release of this episode, Ben Simmons returned to Philadelphia, because that’s what happens when the Frenetics record an episode
Eagles Beat the Panthers; Flyers and Sixers Mini Previews – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.