The Eagles are going to the playoffs!
On this week’s pod, recorded while the Packers were in the process of punching the Eagles’ ticket to the postseason, the guys discuss Sunday’s win over the Washington Football Team, Jalen Hurts’ future, Halls of Fame, John Madden, and more.
• The new year begins with a peculiar weather forecast, news of an upcoming wedding, and a very public divorce
• In what should be seen as an omen yet most likely will not, John fails to properly execute the one task required of the “What Are You Drinking?” segment: opening a drink (7:29)
• The Eagles withstood their most consistent rival this season – their own slow starts – to come from behind against Washington on Sunday and put themselves on the brink of a Wild Card playoff berth; the guys talk about the game and those slow starts (9:20) before moving on to a discussion of Jalen Hurts’ future as the Eagles starting quarterback (21:50)
• The de facto Twitter Feud of the Week is “The Wentz Wagon vs. John” (29:58), and FedEx Field has some structural issues (31:42)
• It was a big Twitter week for John, as he discovered an obscure player in an obscure league that would surely be a hit if he was signed by one of our local teams (38:03)
• Baseball Hall of Fame voting is closed; the guys discuss the status of the ballot’s most controversial players, and the likelihood of some former Phillies making their way to Cooperstown in the next decade (42:08)
• The next set of inductees to the Pro Football Hall of Fame will be announced soon as well; the guys discuss the likely next Philadelphia athlete to be enshrined in his sport’s respective Hall of Fame and learn an interesting tidbit about Chris Pronger along the way (50:26)
• Finally, the guys mourn the loss of the legendary John Madden, whose impact as a coach, broadcaster, and face of a video game franchise touched the game of football for five decades, and will live on for many more (55:40)
The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl! – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
- Jalen's Hurt, The Coronation of Lionel Messi, and the Frenetics Christmas Spectacular
- Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.