Woof. Photo: Lorie Shaull, used via CC BY-SA 2.0
Welp, that happened.
The Eagles laid a complete and total egg on Sunday – and saying so might be an insult to eggs – as they fell to Tom Brady and Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Wild Card round. After the embarrassing performance, the guys had some thoughts.
Oh man, did they have some thoughts.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• We dispense with the pleasantries altogether and get right into the drinking as Joe samples a recent gift from John
• Once the guys are properly “prepared,” it’s on to the Eagles’ humiliation at the hands of the Buccaneers (2:35)
• A look at Jalen Hurts’ performance begs the question: how would Carson Wentz have done on Sunday? How would Gardner Minshew have done on Sunday? (11:22)
• No punches are pulled when discussing Jalen Reagor’s flipping-everyone-off-on-the-way-out-the-door of a game; Dallas Goedert catches some of Joe’s residual heat as well (16:36)
• Joe saves the hottest of heat for the Eagles’ coaching staff, unleashing a weird analogy to describe Nick Sirianni’s season before revealing a concerning lack of Rocky knowledge (23:37)
• What does it all mean? The guys agree: this season was a waste. (34:55)
• John falls on his sword after losing the Quick Picks and explains his logic; we all owe him a debt of gratitude for his sacrifice (43:38)
• Believe it or not, there were other NFL playoff games this weekend, and the guys touch on those to close out the show (45:40)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.