The more things change…
John returns from his cross-country sojourn to find the Eagles 3-0 and Joe sipping from a cool glass of Haterade. Or as we call it, Tuesday.
This week, the guys discuss the Eagles’ dominant performances in Weeks 2 and 3 before Joe gets all riled up about Sunday’s Phillies loss.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• John had a good week in Denver; Joe’s unpopular local sports takes had a less-than-stellar few days
• A “What Are You Drinking?” where the guys explore different ways to simply say they’re drinking water (8:17)
• The Eagles have had a strong couple weeks; the guys discuss what they liked about the wins over Minnesota and Washington, including the fairly rude reunion the defense had with Carson Wentz (9:35)
• Despite the good feelings, Joe has some qualms with the second-half offense the last two games (25:43)
• Verdicts are rendered on the last two weeks of Quick Picks, and Joe turns his ire to the cowardly Kirk Cousins (29:30)
• John ran into an old friend in Denver (34:24)
• Joe gets heated about Sunday’s Phillies loss to the Braves, wondering aloud why certain players were in the game, why certain players were removed, and why on Earth they pitched to Ronald Acuña (36:52)
• Joe insists Rob Thomson is no better than Joe Girardi, and he has numbers to “prove” it; so, should the Phillies pursue the newly-available Don Mattingly? (51:03)
(Note: the winning percentage that Joe cites as “not too far off” from the Phillies’ winning percentage this season is actually the Phillies’ exact winning percentage this season.)
• The guys have one last chance to go on the record: will the Phillies make the playoffs? (59:23)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.