Two happy pods in a row? Believe it!
The Phillies swept the St. Louis Cardinals to advance to the National League Division Series and the Eagles got past the Arizona Cardinals to move to 5-0 on the season. On top of all that, the Union clinched the top spot in the Eastern Conference for the MLS Cup Playoffs. Not a bad weekend for Philadelphia.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• The Phillies are moving on!
• Joe gives out a free nickname to beer marketing folks and then hates a little bit on locker room celebrations in “What Are You Drinking?” (2:43)
• The guys recap the Phillies’ sweep of the Cardinals from their respective viewpoints; John grabs the haterade when discussing the television broadcast; Joe theorizes on the difference between the fans’ feelings about the current team and the teams of the late 2000s (4:54)
• Aaron Nola and Zack Wheeler were good; the Phillies’ offense and both teams’ managers weren’t; the redemption of Alec Bohm (19:00)
• The guys share their opinions on what is totally not referred to as Wild Card Weekend for legal reasons; Joe has beef with Cleveland and Tampa Bay (26:22)
• The Eagles finished off a municipal sweep of Cardinal squads with a win in Arizona; the guys talk about what they liked and didn’t like about the game that only one of them actually saw (34:37)
• The Union clinched the top seed in the Eastern Conference on Sunday; Joe has a different feeling about this year’s team than others that have come before (45:35)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.