Two happy pods in a row? Believe it!
The Phillies swept the St. Louis Cardinals to advance to the National League Division Series and the Eagles got past the Arizona Cardinals to move to 5-0 on the season. On top of all that, the Union clinched the top spot in the Eastern Conference for the MLS Cup Playoffs. Not a bad weekend for Philadelphia.
• The Phillies are moving on!
• Joe gives out a free nickname to beer marketing folks and then hates a little bit on locker room celebrations in “What Are You Drinking?” (2:43)
• The guys recap the Phillies’ sweep of the Cardinals from their respective viewpoints; John grabs the haterade when discussing the television broadcast; Joe theorizes on the difference between the fans’ feelings about the current team and the teams of the late 2000s (4:54)
• Aaron Nola and Zack Wheeler were good; the Phillies’ offense and both teams’ managers weren’t; the redemption of Alec Bohm (19:00)
• The guys share their opinions on what is totally not referred to as Wild Card Weekend for legal reasons; Joe has beef with Cleveland and Tampa Bay (26:22)
• The Eagles finished off a municipal sweep of Cardinal squads with a win in Arizona; the guys talk about what they liked and didn’t like about the game that only one of them actually saw (34:37)
• The Union clinched the top seed in the Eastern Conference on Sunday; Joe has a different feeling about this year’s team than others that have come before (45:35)
Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite
- The Eagles Are 10-1; Looking Back at the Phillies and Union Championship Losses
- A Phillies-Astros World Series Preview with Pat McCarthy
- I Love This Place: The Phillies Win the Pennant
- (Still) Dancing On Our Own: The Phillies are Headed to the NLCS (and the Eagles Beat the Cowboys, Too)
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.