We did. Did you? Credit: K. Latham, used via CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
If you are reading this and you haven’t voted, download the episode and listen to it in the car, on the bus, or on your walk to the polls. Listen while you’re waiting in line. Or listen once you’re home from casting your vote.
Look, we know. Today is going to be stressful for a lot of people. Maybe sports is the last thing you want to think about right now. But maybe, it can be a little bit of a distraction from that stress and anxiety. Especially if you’re a Sixers or Eag…okay, maybe not if you’re an Eagles fan right now.
In this week’s episode:
• Joe tells the more-interesting-than-it-should-have-been tale of receiving his ballot (1:42)
• John Reads The News™ (3:41) and Joe is real mature about it
• A What Are You Drinking?™ in which John plays “What Am I Drinking?” and tries a new beverage (4:56); the ramifications would be felt throughout the episode
• Daryl Morey is coming to Philadelphia! (6:12)
• Joe pats himself on the back for doing better than expected on his playoff picks before blaming Rays manager Kevin Cash for blowing it for him by removing Blake Snell from Game 6 of the World Series (21:59); the guys then lament the death of the idea of the starting pitcher like a couple old geezers
• The guys give Justin Turner the Dan Mullen treatment in The Most Infuriating Portion of The Least Infuriating Thing You’ll Listen To Today (31:42)
• The Eagles beat the Cowboys on Sunday night (46:08). That’s probably all that needs to be said, but the guys discuss the game anyway. Joe then makes an NFC East prediction so bold that John wonders which one of them was sampling the new beverage after all (58:11).
Phillies Minor League Preview with Pat McCarthy – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Boo Birds Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/boobirdspodcast.