The Eagles arrive for Sunday’s game. Photo: Kool Cats Photography, used via CC BY-NC 2.0.
Same, uh, stuff, different year.
Despite everyone being ready to finally snuff out the dying embers of the 2020 season on Sunday, the Eagles decided to pour a full tank (nailed it!) of gasoline on it instead and refused to allow those of us in Philadelphia to live our lives free of kelly green drama for even a single minute.
In the first pod of 2021, the guys discuss the Eagles’ embarrassing/productive end to the season, the Sixers’ hot start, their favorite sports uniforms, and more. The rundown:
• Believe it or not, John and Joe tend to have polar opposite New Year’s Eves
• John Reads The News™ (2:35)
• What Are You Drinking?™ (4:05)
• The Eagles started Sunday by not trying to win and ended it by actively trying to lose; John could not care less but also shades Eli Manning, among others, while Joe manages to both agree and disagree while shading DeSean Jackson and questioning whether or not “T.Y. McGill” is a real person or a video game character (4:39)
• The guys did, however, experience some feels watching Zach Ertz’s emotional response to the possible end of his tenure with the Eagles (13:02)
• The final Quick Picks of the season is resolved, as is the guys’ preseason wins pool…or is it? (16:55)
• Despite the Eagles not being involved, the NFL still insists on holding a postseason; the guys talk briefly about the matchups they’re most looking forward to seeing (19:14)
• Don’t look now, but the Sixers are hot! (24:21)
• The guys share their favorite baseball, football, basketball, and hockey jerseys – rather, hockey sweaters – before Joe confesses a rather peculiar truth that throws the future of the podcast into doubt (32:37)
Eagles Beat the Panthers; Flyers and Sixers Mini Previews – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.