Photo: Wally Gobetz, used via CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
On this week’s edition of The Philly Frenetics Podcast, John and Joe address the Eagles’ new hire and the loss of a legend before Joe surprises John with a pop quiz on the happenings in sports in 2020.
• The guys talk briefly about the AFC and NFC Championship Games (1:21)
• John Reads The News™, featuring Joe’s brand new SOCCER MINUTE (5:18)
• The guys mourn the loss of Hank Aaron, baseball’s longtime home run king and one of the game’s true heroes, and to whom they lift a glass of Whatever it is They Are Drinking (8:47)
• The Eagles finally announced their new head coach, Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni, and the guys are less than thrilled at the choice (15:10)
• Joe does not understand the hate for Josh McDaniels (22:34) and cites a prime example of why it may not be the best idea to disqualify somebody for backing out of a job (hint: his current boss)
• The guys chat about Duce Staley not getting the job (27:38)
• John is a jinx on the Flyers, the Sixers are fun, and Joel Embiid is a beast (33:44)
• The Baseball Hall of Fame voting results will be announced later tonight; the guys cast their own votes in the piece that was posted yesterday, but they briefly discuss their predictions for who may – or may not, as it were – be in the Class of 2021 (38:48)
• Joe quizzes John on his knowledge of what happened in sports in the year 2020; feel free to play along at home! (44:02)
What Happened to the Philies? Where Do They Go From Here? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.