Credit: Chensiyuan, used via CC BY-SA 4.0
The boys are back after a week off to discuss a number of things, including one incredibly well-worn topic that may finally be retired, and a native son who could be returning home just as one very-much-not-a-native-son officially departs.
Don’t forget, if you want that Chase Utley bobblehead John is giving away, leave a review – not just a rating, but a review – on Apple Podcasts; the winner will be announced next week, so get your reviews in by Sunday, March 28!
• John shares his reminiscences about his late grandfather, including a mind-boggling stat from his basketball coaching career (1:19)
• John Reads the News™ (5:18)
• A “What Are You Drinking?™” that alienates coffee snobs while also serving as a cautionary tale about preparing a beverage in the dark (7:43)
• Guess what? It’s Carson Wentz! The guys talk about The Wentz Situation, hopefully for the final time, as the deal between the Eagles and Colts became official since they last recorded; despite his previous evisceration, Joe actually defends Wentz on the way out the door (9:10)
• After Joe casually jokes – JOKES – that fans will buy up all the batteries in town in advance of Wentz returning to Philadelphia with the Colts somewhere down the line, the conversation takes a turn, leading to a discussion of the guys’ greatest personal athletic achievements; one of them involves an unexpected occurrence at a pickup soccer game, while another involves tee ball heroics, and if you try to guess who did what, you’re probably going to be wrong (21:09)
• The guys talk about the Sixers and their recent performances without Joel Embiid, featuring a John rant about a certain backup center and his proclivity for handing the other team free baskets (26:48)
• The NBA trade deadline is Thursday, and the guys discuss whether or not the Sixers should go all-in to acquire Kyle Lowry from the Raptors, or if they should stand pat with the team they have (38:32)
This Sequel Sucked: The Sixers' Season is Over – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.