This week, the guys discuss multiple aspects of the Phillies-Braves game from Sunday night, the Flyers’ trade deadline moves, The Masters, and the weirdest endings to sporting events that they’ve seen in person.
• Joe throws some incredibly fresh beef on the grill and goes after a local television network (1:12)
• John Reads the News™ (4:43)
• Joe embarks on another What Are You Drinking?™ taste test, this week sampling a bottle of Bold Rock Hard Lemonade: featuring “real flavor of lemonade” and everything! (7:27)
• The guys attempt to talk about Sunday’s game, and whether Alec Bohm was safe at home plate, but John can’t contain himself any longer and goes in on the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball broadcast (9:49) before using a euphemism that nearly brings Joe to tears; they eventually get back to Bohm and the concept of replay in baseball (19:25)
• The NHL trade deadline was Monday, and for the Flyers, the emphasis was on the “dead” part (25:41)
• John stumbles into a SOCCER MINUTE! about the Union’s trip to Costa Rica last week (34:38)
• Hideki Matsuyama made history with his win at The Masters; Joe wasn’t all that entertained by it, and John never saw it (38:01)
• The guys discuss Michael Conforto’s antics at Citi Field last Thursday (45:24)…
• …which leads to a discussion about the strangest finishes they’ve seen in person. Joe references a minor league hockey game where there were more players on the ice than on the benches at the end of the game and a basketball game where there were more players on the floor than there should have been, while John’s story comes from, believe it or not, a Phillies game (51:53)
Joe Girardi is Fired; The Phillies Catch Fire – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.