Credit: Raymond Clarke, used via CC BY-NC 2.0. Photo credits: a novel invention!
We’re baaaaaack! Under a new name, but still.
The guys are back for their first pod since early May and oh boy do they have some stuff to talk about!
There’s a lot to unpack after the Sixers choose-your-own-euphemism-ed in the playoffs, and, of course, the story behind the rebrand of the show. Plus, the return of your favorite beverage-related segment, and the debut of a new recurring feature of the show.
• Catch up with what the guys have been up to during the break: John went to some sporting events, and Joe stayed in a hotel
• John “reads” “the news” before the guys discuss what they’re drinking (7:59)
• A discussion of the latest Philadelphia playoff failure, the Sixers’ defeat to the Hawks (9:04); conversation topics include Joel Embiid’s dominance, officiating controversies, and Joe’s take on Trae Young that has already begun to age poorly even before its release
• The guys join The Ben Simmons Discourse, including their takes on whether Simmons should be traded, whether he will be traded, and possible trade destinations (32:24)
• Some people think Doc Rivers should be fired; none of those people are on this podcast (55:47)
• The first Twitter Feud of the Week features former NBA champion Vernon Maxwell vs. the Utah Jazz and their fans (58:41)
• Finally, Joe tells the story of the rebranding of the podcast (1:02:06)
Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite
- The Eagles Are 10-1; Looking Back at the Phillies and Union Championship Losses
- A Phillies-Astros World Series Preview with Pat McCarthy
- I Love This Place: The Phillies Win the Pennant
- (Still) Dancing On Our Own: The Phillies are Headed to the NLCS (and the Eagles Beat the Cowboys, Too)
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.