Credit: Raymond Clarke, used via CC BY-NC 2.0. Photo credits: a novel invention!
We’re baaaaaack! Under a new name, but still.
The guys are back for their first pod since early May and oh boy do they have some stuff to talk about!
There’s a lot to unpack after the Sixers choose-your-own-euphemism-ed in the playoffs, and, of course, the story behind the rebrand of the show. Plus, the return of your favorite beverage-related segment, and the debut of a new recurring feature of the show.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
• Catch up with what the guys have been up to during the break: John went to some sporting events, and Joe stayed in a hotel
• John “reads” “the news” before the guys discuss what they’re drinking (7:59)
• A discussion of the latest Philadelphia playoff failure, the Sixers’ defeat to the Hawks (9:04); conversation topics include Joel Embiid’s dominance, officiating controversies, and Joe’s take on Trae Young that has already begun to age poorly even before its release
• The guys join The Ben Simmons Discourse, including their takes on whether Simmons should be traded, whether he will be traded, and possible trade destinations (32:24)
• Some people think Doc Rivers should be fired; none of those people are on this podcast (55:47)
• The first Twitter Feud of the Week features former NBA champion Vernon Maxwell vs. the Utah Jazz and their fans (58:41)
• Finally, Joe tells the story of the rebranding of the podcast (1:02:06)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.