Credit: Sean Winters, used via CC BY-SA 2.0
This week, the guys talk about a bonkers day at Euro 2020 before John tries to get revenge for the PBR Hard Coffee taste test. After saluting one of their favorite television personalities, the Frenetics dig into MLB’s sticky situation before talking about that of the Phillies in particular.
• John confesses to watching the teeniest little bit of Euro 2020, giving Joe a window to talk about the tournament
• A new What Are You Drinking?™ taste test, where John offers one of his favorite hard seltzers to a skeptical Joe (6:56)
• The guys salute mutual favorite Conan O’Brien, whose late night show has come to an end (10:40); you can check out the sketch they’re talking about on YouTube (with the mild correction that it’s from 2004, not the mid-90s)
• A masterful segue leads into a discussion of the current foreign substance scandal in baseball (15:06), which of course would not be complete without a disagreement over who looked worse in the Joe Girardi-Max Scherzer bravado-off; in the end, however, the true loser was neither one of them (24:21)
• John brings a pair of Twitter Feuds of the Week to the table (30:45)
• John then asks for Joe’s thoughts on a potential managerial candidate for the Phillies (38:04) before putting him on the hot seat for some rapid-fire “Should They Trade Him?” questions (46:07)
"Would Carson Wentz Have Won That Game?" – The Eagles Get Humiliated in Tampa – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- "Would Carson Wentz Have Won That Game?" – The Eagles Get Humiliated in Tampa
- The Wentz Wagon Wrecks; The Eagles Get Set for the Playoffs
- Eagles-Washington Reaction, Halls of Fame, and the Legend of John Madden
- Eagles Are In Playoff Position; Heroes and Zeroes of 2021; Goals for 2022
- Eagles Get Hosed by the NFL; The Frenetics Christmas Spectacular
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.