The day after last week’s episode was recorded, the news dropped about Ben Simmons’ alleged trade request; if anything could knock an Eagles season preview to second billing, that would be it, so this week, the guys talk about the Simmons situation before delving into the upcoming NFL season.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
• John attempts to dig right in on Ben Simmons, but Joe first gives a special shout out to a loyal listener
• Having dispensed with any and all semblance of pleasantry, the guys revisit The Ben Simmons Discourse in light of last week’s trade request (1:28); John mentions a trade rumor that stretches the definition of “rumor” beyond credulity and nearly reduces Joe to tears while also managing to fold in a Twitter Feud of the Week as well (10:24)
• A very “old man” edition of “What Are You Drinking?” that is alcohol-free due to being recorded in the afternoon, because, again, old men (13:45)
• In what can only be described as the upset of the year, the guys get nearly 15 minutes into the last episode before the start of the NFL season before mentioning the Eagles; John and Joe discuss what they hope to see out of the team this season (14:45)
• A week-by-week discussion of the schedule leads to something of a consensus on what the Eagles’ record might be (27:24) before the guys talk about potential breakout stars for 2021 (44:44)
• Finally, the second annual Philly Frenetics NFL Wins Pool draft is conducted; defending champion John and defending non-champion Joe each selected four teams, with total wins at the end of the season deciding the winner (47:07)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.