Since no major news has broken recently or anything, the guys decided to assess the current crop of coaches running Philadelphia’s five – yes, five – major pro sports teams, as well as pick their greatest Philadelphia pro coaches of all time.
This week’s pod was recorded before the aforementioned totally non-major story broke, of course. As such, the rundown:
• What starts out as a lamentation that the Phillies’ playoff chances are cratering quickly turns into a roast of the New York Mets
• John imposes the first part of his sadistic three-episode Stewart’s Premium Spiked Seltzer taste test/torture pod on Joe with the Orange Cream edition in this week’s “What Are You Drinking?” segment (7:05)
• The guys rate and rank Jim Curtin, Joe Girardi, Doc Rivers, Nick Sirianni, and Alain Vigneault on their pre-Philadelphia accomplishments and what they’ve done with the local teams during their tenures; the battle for the top spot may be closer than you think, while the gap from fourth to fifth is probably just about as large as you think (13:33)
• John goes back to the #LOLMets well for the Twitter Feud of the Week: Mets owner Steve Cohen vs….the Mets (47:49)
• Finally, the guys put together a proverbial Mount Rushmore of all-time great Philadelphia coaches and then take shots at Buddy Ryan as if he were a Met (50:11); Joe mentions sharing a screenshot, and you can see it here
Philadelphia Resplendent: The Phillies are Postseason Bound and the Eagles are 4-0 – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- Philadelphia Resplendent: The Phillies are Postseason Bound and the Eagles are 4-0
- The Eagles Put Carson Wentz in a Sack; It's Judgment Time for the Phillies
- Eagles Hang On in Detroit; Phillies Right the Ship; Joe Feuds on Twitter
- Faltering Phillies; Eagles Season Preview
- Vanilla Ice Rocks the Bank; The Phillies Prep for the Stretch Run; The Union Are Demolishing (Almost) Everyone
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.