Ben Simmons deciding between shooting the ball or having his appendix removed with a rusty sewing needle. Photo: All-Pro Reels, used via CC BY-SA 2.0.
With the Eagles not playing until Monday night, the guys decided to record an abbreviated edition of the pod to talk about Ben Simmons and the Phillies before digging into the Eagles’ games against the Cowboys and Chiefs next week.
We don’t know how the Simmons situation will be resolved, nor do we know if the Phillies will make the playoffs, but we do know one thing: Joe and John do not understand the definition of “abbreviated.”
• The guys dispense with the pleasantries – Joe literally says he doesn’t care how John is doing, and John takes no offense – and pop open their beverages… (1:09)
• …before asking the question on the lips of the entire NBA: Ben Simmons, baby, what is you doing? (1:43) Believe it or not, the guys are definitely not Team Simmons on this one!
• Joe makes a comparison between the Simmons situation and the situation that developed around Anthony Davis (10:00); John gets about as incensed as he ever has in the history of the show
• Where do the Sixers go from here? (15:27) And what is the legacy of the Ben Simmons Era in Philadelphia? (17:56)
• Whenever it happens, Simmons’ first game in Philadelphia playing for a different team will be something to behold; John brings up some previous fan-athlete feuds in recent Philadelphia sports history (22:39)
• The Phillies have managed to stay in the playoff race down to the final week (30:11); the guys share their expectations for the games in Atlanta and Miami before appreciating Ranger Suarez and his performance this season (37:10)
• Finally, in light of the contretemps between the Tampa Bay Rays and Toronto Blue Jays over Kevin Kiermaier not returning Alejandro Kirk’s data card – yes, that is an actual sentence that you just read – Joe lambastes the Blue Jays and unleashes a rant so devastating that it includes the word “chickenpoop” (42:39)
Eagles Beat the Panthers; Flyers and Sixers Mini Previews – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.