Timmy arrives to Citizens Bank Park for the big contest. Photo: Brecht Bug, used via CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
This week, the guys return to their regularly-scheduled Eagles-related programming as a longtime listener calls in to share his insights on the previous seven days of Eagles football and what it’s like to go mano-a-mano with Joe on the battlefield. Kind of.
• The guys briefly touch on the hot-button topics they won’t be touching on, including the end of the Phillies’ season, the surging Union, the serious allegations made against the Flyers, and everyone’s favorite new soap opera, The Young and the Feckless, starring a certain point guard
• A special Joe’s Birthday edition of “What Are You Drinking?” (4:52)
• Friend of the show Timmy Parks calls in to talk about the Eagles getting embarrassed in Dallas and his experience in the stadium on Sunday as the Birds got whipped by the Chiefs (5:54) before the trio answers a simple question: are you surprised, or are the Eagles who we thought they were? (24:01)
• At what now passes for the quarter pole of the 2021 season, what is the biggest issue with this Eagles team? Spoiler alert: one of the Frenetics thinks it’s the coach! (28:01)
• Joe asks whether the season is over, and the answers run the proverbial gamut (34:47) before the guys wonder if we’ll have any more clarity on Jalen Hurts’ long-term status by the end of the year (38:51)
• Finally, Timmy and Joe regale an increasingly distressed John with the highlights of their hot dog eating contest from the Phillies’ last Dollar Dog Night of the season (45:16); if the topic of excessive consumption of tubed meats doesn’t appeal to you, you might want to skip this part
This Sequel Sucked: The Sixers' Season is Over – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.