Pictured: Rich Paul and Daryl Morey, apparently. Credit: HBO
This week, the guys planned to record right after the Eagles’ game against the Raiders. Probably not the best idea, as it turns out!
After shaking their collective heads over the debacle in Las Vegas, the guys discuss a more uplifting topic: Ben Simmons. Come for Joe’s list of who’s to blame; stay for the Game of Thrones reference and the phrase “starter Kardashian.”
• Joe laments the lack of football in college football overtime and squeezes in some Union talk, because water is wet and so was the charcoal
• An innocuous “What Are You Drinking?” that both guys treat as an opportunity to workshop jokes (5:21)
• The outrage and hyperbole flow as the Eagles humiliated themselves against the Raiders on Sunday; play calling, the quarterback, and the head coach make an appearance because see above about water being wet (6:25)
• There’s some consternation over this week’s Quick Picks winner, even though you’d think it was pretty clear (25:07)
• The latest on the Ben Simmons saga (27:44); over the course of the discussion, John applauds the other Sixers on how they’ve handled the situation before the guys dissect Joel Embiid’s comma usage (34:44) and Joe reveals the three people he blames most for the whole ordeal (37:58). Number two may surprise you; numbers one and three will not.
Philadelphia Resplendent: The Phillies are Postseason Bound and the Eagles are 4-0 – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- Philadelphia Resplendent: The Phillies are Postseason Bound and the Eagles are 4-0
- The Eagles Put Carson Wentz in a Sack; It's Judgment Time for the Phillies
- Eagles Hang On in Detroit; Phillies Right the Ship; Joe Feuds on Twitter
- Faltering Phillies; Eagles Season Preview
- Vanilla Ice Rocks the Bank; The Phillies Prep for the Stretch Run; The Union Are Demolishing (Almost) Everyone
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.