Pictured: Rich Paul and Daryl Morey, apparently. Credit: HBO
This week, the guys planned to record right after the Eagles’ game against the Raiders. Probably not the best idea, as it turns out!
After shaking their collective heads over the debacle in Las Vegas, the guys discuss a more uplifting topic: Ben Simmons. Come for Joe’s list of who’s to blame; stay for the Game of Thrones reference and the phrase “starter Kardashian.”
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• Joe laments the lack of football in college football overtime and squeezes in some Union talk, because water is wet and so was the charcoal
• An innocuous “What Are You Drinking?” that both guys treat as an opportunity to workshop jokes (5:21)
• The outrage and hyperbole flow as the Eagles humiliated themselves against the Raiders on Sunday; play calling, the quarterback, and the head coach make an appearance because see above about water being wet (6:25)
• There’s some consternation over this week’s Quick Picks winner, even though you’d think it was pretty clear (25:07)
• The latest on the Ben Simmons saga (27:44); over the course of the discussion, John applauds the other Sixers on how they’ve handled the situation before the guys dissect Joel Embiid’s comma usage (34:44) and Joe reveals the three people he blames most for the whole ordeal (37:58). Number two may surprise you; numbers one and three will not.
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.