Oof size: large.
While the Conference Championships weren’t quite as breathlessly exciting as the games of the previous weekend, they’re still worth discussing, so the guys do just that before digging into Joel Embiid’s place in the pantheon of all-time Sixers’ greats.
• Considering his recent football picking record, Joe comes right out of the chute claiming a victory in regards to the Baseball Hall of Fame vote. The guys also briefly chat about potential Phillies Hall of Famers and both the Flyers and Sixers committing regicide over the weekend
• Joe then offers the most strained segue in the history of the show as the guys reveal what they’re drinking (5:37)
• Andy Reid’s Chiefs blew a 21-3 lead to the Bengals on Sunday; what happened, plus a rumination on the concept of momentum (6:53)
• John argues that Sean McVay nearly cost his Rams a trip to the Super Bowl before Joe gets an early start on 2025’s Eagles head coaching rumors (16:38)
• An early look at Super Bowl LVI (24:21)…
• …before an already-outdated discussion of the futures of Tom Brady – who of course just had to retire in the 24 hours between recording and releasing the episode – and Aaron Rodgers (27:22)
• Joel Embiid is already an all-timer as far as Sixers history goes, but where exactly does he rank, and how high could he go? Don’t worry, there’s still some contractually-obligated Ben Simmons slander! (35:55)
This Sequel Sucked: The Sixers' Season is Over – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.