Doc Rivers decides to feed Ben Simmons to the lions (get some culture and look it up). Photo: Robert Occhialini, used via CC BY-NC 2.0
Our long local sports nightmare is over: Ben Simmons is gone, and James Harden has arrived.
Also gone: football season, as the Rams topped the Bengals, 23-20, in Super Bowl LVI on Sunday.
As you can imagine, both of these topics are discussed in-depth on this week’s show.
• Joe wastes no time trying to start the “Carson Wentz back to the Eagles” rumors before sharing his favorite chicken wing preparation; plus, the guys are clearly getting too old to drink anything fun during the show anymore
• Daryl Morey’s dream has come true, and James Harden is a Philadelphia 76er; the guys discuss their thoughts on the trade (6:17)
• Does the trade elevate the Sixers to “contender” status in 2022? (14:48) Regardless, the pressure is on Doc Rivers to make things work; plus, John takes this of all opportunities to once again attempt to re-litigate The Process, so Joe tries to get him in trouble with his family (21:53)
• John has finally emerged with a pick ’em victory, taking the playoff title after a close victory for the Rams in Super Bowl LVI; Joe blames Zac Taylor for his defeat (28:51)
• Matthew Stafford: Hall of Famer? Plus, Cooper Kupp and the officials (32:48)
• The Rams went all-in and it worked; will other teams follow suit? (38:21)
• Finally, the guys discuss the less-than-inspiring collection of Super Bowl commercials and a halftime show aimed right at the “nostalgia” portion of their own brains (43:07)
This Sequel Sucked: The Sixers' Season is Over – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.