Howie’s on the hunt!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it’s Sixers playoff season.
The Sixers eliminated the Raptors last week but lost Joel Embiid to a cheap shot from Pascal Siakam, and then lost Game 1 on the Eastern Conference Semifinals to the Miami Heat. The guys share their thoughts before discussing the Eagles’ draft performance and the Phillies’ existence.
• It was a late-night recording session, so the pleasantries are dispensed with and beverages are introduced before pleasantries inevitably return
• The Sixers blew out the Raptors in Game 6 but lost Joel Embiid in, ahem, the process (1:52)
• The Sixers then lost Game 1 to the Heat in frustrating fashion (12:56); the discussion features what is arguably Philadelphia’s first anti-BBall Paul screed delivered by the Frenetics’ resident screeder and a rumination on the lack of depth that resulted from the Ben Simmons-James Harden trade (19:05)
• The Eagles get kudos for their NFL Draft haul, which included a $100 million receiver (30:46)
• The Phillies Thoughts of the Week, featuring Alec Bohm and, in a recurring feature-within-a-feature, the Mets (39:32)
KD is (Maybe) Coming to Philadelphia; Hugh Douglas is an Eagles Hall of Famer – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.