Howie’s on the hunt!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it’s Sixers playoff season.
The Sixers eliminated the Raptors last week but lost Joel Embiid to a cheap shot from Pascal Siakam, and then lost Game 1 on the Eastern Conference Semifinals to the Miami Heat. The guys share their thoughts before discussing the Eagles’ draft performance and the Phillies’ existence.
• It was a late-night recording session, so the pleasantries are dispensed with and beverages are introduced before pleasantries inevitably return
• The Sixers blew out the Raptors in Game 6 but lost Joel Embiid in, ahem, the process (1:52)
• The Sixers then lost Game 1 to the Heat in frustrating fashion (12:56); the discussion features what is arguably Philadelphia’s first anti-BBall Paul screed delivered by the Frenetics’ resident screeder and a rumination on the lack of depth that resulted from the Ben Simmons-James Harden trade (19:05)
• The Eagles get kudos for their NFL Draft haul, which included a $100 million receiver (30:46)
• The Phillies Thoughts of the Week, featuring Alec Bohm and, in a recurring feature-within-a-feature, the Mets (39:32)
Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite
- The Eagles Are 10-1; Looking Back at the Phillies and Union Championship Losses
- A Phillies-Astros World Series Preview with Pat McCarthy
- I Love This Place: The Phillies Win the Pennant
- (Still) Dancing On Our Own: The Phillies are Headed to the NLCS (and the Eagles Beat the Cowboys, Too)
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.