What is going on in Camden?
The dog days of summer mean the focus of the sports world is on two things: baseball and NBA free agency.
This week, it’s Phillies talk followed by a rumination on the opening flurry of moves across the NBA, including a chat about what the Sixers have done and what they could do.
• John talks about his recent eye surgery while Joe waxes nostalgic about a football league that folded when he was two
• Joe expects entirely too much out of a spiked seltzer before somehow talking even more about the USFL in this week’s “What Are You Drinking?” (12:19)
• The Phillies have continued to play competent baseball for the most part; the guys talk about last weekend’s series against the Cardinals, the veracity of Nolan Arenado’s cycle, and whether it was appropriate for the team to honor Albert Pujols (14:44)
• NBA free agency is underway; the guys talk about the Brian Windhorst meme-inducing Rudy Gobert trade as well as Kevin Durant (31:39)
• Speaking of, should the Sixers go after KD? Plus, the moves they’ve already been reported to be making (37:01)
KD is (Maybe) Coming to Philadelphia; Hugh Douglas is an Eagles Hall of Famer – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.