Nearly two years ago on this very site, John put on his tin foil hat and theorized that the Sixers were going to move to New Jersey.
Last week, the Sixers announced their latest plans to build their own arena. It’s a little west of Jersey, but still drew the attention of the Philadelphia area and has the whole region debating its merits.
The guys are no different; this week, they discuss the project, plus John’s bout with COVID-19, the Flyers’ lost summer, and more.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• John makes his return to the airwaves after catching COVID-19 long after it was fashionable
• While John was suffering with his illness, Joey Walnut over here was battling through yet another hot dog-related competition (7:20)
• The Phillies took some momentum into the All-Star Break before sputtering out of the gate after it (9:41); the guys discuss Joe’s column on how to improve MLB’s Midsummer Classic (13:08)
• What are they drinking? It was a hundred frickin’ degrees out; they’re drinking water (18:51)
• The guys dig into the Sixers’ plans to build the currently-poorly-monikered 76 Place in Center City (19:49)
• Oh, yeah, James Harden signed (36:27)
• The Flyers failed to sign South Jersey’s Johnny Gaudreau, while simultaneously getting rid of cancer survivor Oskar Lindblom and trading for Tony DeAngelo, who was also born in South Jersey but also has some baggage (39:49); how big a missed opportunity was this? What is the plan? Is there even a plan at all?
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.