Did the Phillies have a good trade deadline?
The guys answer that question in this week’s episode; they also discuss other trades from around Major League Baseball and reflect on the passing of the legendary Bill Russell and Vin Scully.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• The episode begins with tributes to basketball legend Bill Russell and broadcasting titan Vin Scully from John and “The Vin Scully of the Delco League”
• The guys blame COVID-19 and “I was just calling a baseball game” for their drink selections instead of just admitting that they’re boring (6:49)
• Noah Syndergaard and Brandon Marsh are Phillies; the guys discuss the new acquisitions in light of what they bring to the team and what the franchise lost in sending out Logan O’Hoppe and Mickey Moniak (7:40)
• Despite an earlier promise of a “baseball-only” pod, Joe manages to mention Ben Simmons, Carson Wentz, and the Union in a look back at just how poorly Philadelphia teams drafted in 2016 (13:02)
• Old friend David Robertson returns to the Phillies after his previous stint can only be described as “was it even long enough to be considered a ‘stint’?” (18:53)
• Fans embraced the concept of “addition by subtraction” as the team designated both Odubel Herrera and Jeurys Familia for assignment on Tuesday; Joe takes the first of what will eventually be three unprovoked shots at Matt Vierling (20:14)
• Ultimately, the assessment of the deadline boils down to this: did the Phillies improve their chances of making the postseason? With reinforcements on the way in the persons of Jean Segura and Bryce Harper, they just might pull it off (24:01)
• Elsewhere around baseball, the Padres made waves after trading for Washington’s Juan Soto (30:45) and Milwaukee’s Josh Hader (38:31); closer to home, the Braves and Mets made smaller moves to fortify themselves for the playoffs, and the guys dream of a Phillies-Mets wild card series (43:53)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.