If you build it, they will spray champagne on it. Credit: John Saeger
It was the best of times, it was the not-quite-as-best of times at Citizens Bank Park over the last two weeks as the Phillies surged into first place with an eight-game winning streak and then stumbled out of it by losing four out of six.
This week, the guys talk about baseball in the Philadelphia area, both professional and not, and their memories from the Wells Fargo Center.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
• The guys talk about the Wells Fargo Center, which celebrates the 25th anniversary of its opening this month. Come for the brief mention of sports; stay for the story of a random parking lot interaction!
• John tests out a new beverage for this week’s What Are You Drinking?™ segment – Stewart’s Raspberry Lime Spiked Seltzer – and it goes pretty much how you would expect a non-root beer flavored beverage from a root beer company to go (11:52)
• The Eagles opened their preseason slate with a loss, but the guys were too busy on a local baseball diamond to watch; Joe served as play-by-play man while John took photos and video during the championship series of this year’s Delco Baseball League playoffs, and they talk about the experience this week in light of the MLB “Field of Dreams” game before Joe encourages Frenetics Nation to support their local sports leagues (13:31)
• Joe demands that John admit defeat on the issue of whether the Phillies should have bought or sold at the trade deadline; in a move straight out of Joe’s Bad Take Handbook (in stores this fall), John unsuccessfuly attempts to duck the issue and revise history before eventually receiving credit for a previous assertion (30:42)
• This week’s Twitter near-Feud of the Week is Joe vs. Phillies fans as he hops on his soapbox in defense of, believe it or not, Odubel Herrera, before going in on those who have takes on the lineup; as someone who has takes on both Odubel Herrera and the lineup, John responds (42:26)
• The guys come together to rip apart MLB umpires in general, and Alfonso Marquez and Sean Barber in particular, after a recent spate of horrendous ball/strike calls makes clear the need for robot umpires (51:52)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.