Photo: Cogito ergo imago, used via CC BY-SA 2.0
The guys are back and they are steamed, which is nothing out of the ordinary. But instead of being upset at their teams, they’re angry for their teams – which is a refreshing change of pace, to be honest – as professional sports leagues across America have conspired to screw Philadelphia’s teams during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The guys had somewhat different experiences with their COVID-19 booster shots over the past few days…
• …which leads to a fairly tame edition of What Are You Drinking?™ for everyone but Corey Knebel (5:42).
• The Eagles’ Week 15 game against Washington was pushed back two days due to a virus outbreak within the Football Team organization, which sounds like what an unlicensed video game would call it (8:00). The guys complain about this and the potential impacts on the Eagles while showing little (John) to no (Joe) sympathy for anyone around the WFT.
• The NHL, NBA, and MLS have all had their own COVID-related issues, and Philadelphia’s teams have ended up on the short end of the stick suspiciously frequently (15:21). No one likes us, but it turns out, we kinda care a little.
• The guys put the rancor aside for a few minutes and hand out some Christmas gifts to each other, a pair of Philadelphia sports personalities, and two local teams (28:29); however, what should be a feel-good segment ends a little less “It’s a Wonderful Life” and a little more “Seven” than John would prefer.
Philadelphia Resplendent: The Phillies are Postseason Bound and the Eagles are 4-0 – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- Philadelphia Resplendent: The Phillies are Postseason Bound and the Eagles are 4-0
- The Eagles Put Carson Wentz in a Sack; It's Judgment Time for the Phillies
- Eagles Hang On in Detroit; Phillies Right the Ship; Joe Feuds on Twitter
- Faltering Phillies; Eagles Season Preview
- Vanilla Ice Rocks the Bank; The Phillies Prep for the Stretch Run; The Union Are Demolishing (Almost) Everyone
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.