Didn’t think we’d have the chance to use this one again, did you?
On Thursday, Ben Simmons made his much-anticipated return to Philadelphia, and the world found out that Carson Wentz would be doing the same in the fall. Later than day, baseball returned with the end of the lockout. So of course the guys chose these topics to discuss on this week’s pod, recorded in typical Frenetics fashion, which is to say, “a couple hours before another comeback makes the news.”
Alas, Tom Brady will have to cope with not being discussed in this week’s episode. We’re sure he’ll get by.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• The guys catch up after some time off and talk briefly about their upcoming field trip to the Wells Fargo Center
• Sometimes, “What Are You Drinking?” is just two guys talking about what they’re drinking, and sometimes it’s a segue; this time, it’s the latter, and John didn’t like it (4:02)
• Ben Simmons returned to Philadelphia as a member of the Nets, who were very rude guests and crushed the Sixers on Thursday (4:43)
• The Colts have traded Carson Wentz to the “Commanders,” setting up an annual return to Lincoln Financial Field for Philadelphia’s most beloved-turned-loathed athlete since…maybe the dawn of time? (14:58)
• Baseball will be coming back as well, and the guys talk about the changes that the players and owners agreed to in the new collective bargaining agreement (25:32) before focusing specifically on the Phillies (38:54); Joe takes particular umbrage with those fans on Twitter who, suffice to say, aren’t very patient
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.