A live look at thousands suddenly endangered by Nick Castellanos drives to left
Exhale, Phillies fans: the home team made some signings! This week, the guys break down the additions of Kyle Schwarber and Nick Castellanos to the Phillies lineup and talk about their trip to the Wells Fargo Center last Monday night.
• It was a week of goodbyes and hellos in Philadelphia; the biggest hellos get saved for later, but the Frenetics would be remiss (and possibly kicked out of the Philadelphia sports mediasphere) if they didn’t mention the fact that the Colts have already replaced Carson Wentz
• John has apparently decided at this point to never drink anything again, while Joe struggles with a dessert so simple that children can, and often do, handle it (5:24)
• The guys were in attendance at last week’s Sixers-Nuggets game, which didn’t quite go as planned; they discuss Georges Niang’s questionable math skills, plus the possible motivation behind Joel Embiid’s hunt for the MVP award (6:10)
• After a couple of signings of the “don’t spit in my eye and tell me it’s raining” variety, the Phillies went full-on cannonball splash last week, adding Kyle Schwarber and Nick Castellanos to the lineup (22:47)
• The guys discuss what the new signings mean for the team’s defense (28:16) – it go bye-bye – and the luxury tax implications – it say “hi hi!” – of adding two big contracts (34:51)
• Then, they step into Joe Girardi’s shoes and fill out the Opening Day lineup card (38:03); disagreements are had before the discussion turns to the contracts given out to Schwarber and Castellanos, as well as Kris Bryant (45:59)
The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl! – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
- Jalen's Hurt, The Coronation of Lionel Messi, and the Frenetics Christmas Spectacular
- Trea Turner is (Going to Be) a Phillie; Jalen Hurts Should Be the NFL MVP Favorite
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.