The Super Bowl is finally here, and soon, all the “Kelce vs. Kelce,” “Andy Reid vs. the Eagles,” and “Patrick Mahomes’ ankle” talk will dissolve into an actual football game (played in spurts between very expensive commercials).
This week, the guys discuss that game: what to watch for, how the Eagles can win, and how the Chiefs can spoil the party for the Eagles’ fans that have trekked out to the desert for the game.
Plus, LeBron James is the NBA’s new all-time scoring leader, Kevin Durant has also trekked out to Phoenix, and some of the guys’ old nemeses have reared their ugly heads.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Spotify | Stitcher
• It’s clear that neither of the guys has come to terms with the fact that the Eagles might be the best team in football, even as they sit on the doorstep of another Super Bowl appearance; John shares a story of Philadelphia Football/Baseball Championships past, while they both admit to potentially unpopular gear-related opinions
• The Eagles are set to meet the Chiefs with the Lombardi Trophy on the line; the guys each pick out a key matchup to watch and share what they think each team needs to do in order to leave with the hardware (9:59)
• John decides to let it ride, putting his Quick Picks title on the line in the Super Bowl as if this was some sort of ridiculous WWE spectacle; Joe eagerly grabs the proverbial briefcase and a shot at glory (29:48)
• It’s been a busy week in the NBA, as LeBron James is the league’s new all-time leading scorer; Joe thinks he’s earned another title as well, much to John’s surprise (32:49)
• Kevin Durant is headed to the Phoenix Suns, while the Sixers acquired Jalen McDaniels at the deadline on Thursday (39:58)
• In light of Kyrie Irving’s immolation of yet another NBA franchise, Joe fires up the grill for some Reheated Beef; he roasts Irving, Dillon Brooks, and Donovan Mitchell for their conduct over the past week and also their general unlikeability, while John quietly pokes at his plate, waiting for dessert (48:10)
The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next? – The Philly Frenetics Podcast
- The Eagles Fall in the Super Bowl; What's Next?
- Super Bowl LVII Preview: Eagles vs. Chiefs; LeBron James: Greatest of All Time?
- The Eagles are Going to the Super Bowl!
- The Giants Were Too Small; the Eagles are Headed to the NFC Championship Game
- Eagles-Giants III: The Divisional Playoffs; The Sixers and Flyers are Playing, Too!
You can find The Philly Frenetics Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/phillyfrenetics.